The main duty of an estimator at Leedwood is to create proposals (quotes) for various projects and submitting them to our varied client base, tracking the success rate, and adjusting pricing as needed to win projects. To be successful in this roll you must be able to understand customer specifications and research required materials. You will calculate projected labor and material requirements as well as solicit quotations from our subcontractors and materials suppliers. Your will present your quotations for analysis to upper management prior to submittal.
This role also involves long periods of sitting, working independently, occasional site visits using your personal vehicle and occasional meetings with clients.
• Knowledge and past bench experience with finish carpentry and millwork an asset.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specs.
• Strong computer skills required Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat & Excel.
• Communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without getting distracted with things that aren't critical.
• Must be candid, but diplomatic - Is realistic about abilities, schedules, and promises made to clients. Speaks up about internal, and external problems.
• Must have a positive attitude - Even when things look difficult, presses ahead and looks for solutions.
• To have written and verbal communication skills - Clear and concise communication, avoids being vague.
• Excellent customer service skills
How to Apply
Click the button below to send us an email. Include a cover letter detailing why this roll interests you and how your background, education and experience will help you succeed.